A Night To Remember

A Night To Remember

Fun: The “Gatsby” Way

By: Deja Green

On Saturday, October 5th, 2013, West Bloomfield High School had their “Gatsby” themed homecoming dance. Tickets were $15 and everyone was welcome to come. At the dance, a variety of colors were shown and worn very well. “It was fun to see everyone dressed up and having a good time”, said Hunter Griffin, sophomore. The decorations were definitely a success. The walls had stars on them and there was a time clock placed on the wall right before you entered the dance which symbolized going back into time. On the walls leading up to the entrance of the dance, there were different decades depicted. Each decade had a special feature. For an example, the 70s had a disco ball, the 80s had a boom box, and the 2000s had an iPhone. It really made the homecoming guests feel like they were back in time.

At the dance, the Michigan DJ Service provided stellar music that everyone could relate to. Tara Naoum, junior, said, “The music had me moving all night. I loved every bit of it.” The DJ was very conscious of the different types of people and played a little bit of everything. Everything from R&B to slow jams for that one long, awaited dance of the night.

A new addition to this homecoming was a photo booth. Students were able to capture the moment without an extra charge. Charlika Stubbs, sophomore, said “I really enjoyed the photo booth. I think it was a great addition to the homecoming dance.” Kaylyn Sanford, senior, was “inspired to capture all of the important events of senior year. I think the photo booth was a great addition and should return for other kids like me to be inspired.”

Overall, the dance was a blast no matter what grade you are in. Senior Kailyn Gasso said, “It was the most exciting homecoming dance our school has had.” Freshman Shania Patrick said, “It was a great experience and something I’ll never forget. I can’t wait until next year’s homecoming.” homecoming1Homecoming3  homecoming5  homecoming2homecoming4homecoming1

homecoming2