Filed under Showcase, Sports

No hesitation in Laker Nation: Lakers prepare for Saturday’s semifinal against Cass Tech

The+Swamp+student+section+at+the+game+against+Utica+Eisenhower+on+November%2C+10.++Photo+courtesy+of+Ashleigh+Larkin+on+Twitter.+
The Swamp student section at the game against Utica Eisenhower on November, 10.  Photo courtesy of Ashleigh Larkin on Twitter.

The Swamp student section at the game against Utica Eisenhower on November, 10. Photo courtesy of Ashleigh Larkin on Twitter.

As the West Bloomfield Varsity football team preps for the MHSAA State Semi-Final Playoff game on Saturday, November 18 at 1pm, the Laker Nation is revved up for the Lakers to crush Cass Technical High School at Troy Athens High School. 

Following an 0-2 start against Walled Lake Western and Bloomfield Hills to begin the 2017 season, the Lakers have since won every game they have played. The hard work these players have put in this year has since been been supported by the student body, and has finally paid off in the form of a Regional Championship.

Varsity linebacker Limani Laster, senior, is optimistic for Saturday’s game. “I definitely think we will win. Our defensive coordinator has a nice game plan, and our offensive coordinator has a good game plan too.”

“It’s a lot better this year, “ said beloved security guard Antonio Harrison on Laker school spirit. “Kids even show up at the away games that are far out.” At last week’s game against Utica Eisenhower, which is almost an hour away from West Bloomfield, the Swamp was at capacity in the visitor’s stands.

Aspiring Swamp leader Rohit Samandur, junior, agreed with Harrison and went on to comment on the future of the Swamp once the class of 2018 graduates. “I feel like this year’s a lot more involved and people are having more fun at the games,” Samandur said. 

The class of 2019 want to be more creative with the student section themes next year. “I know next year we want to do a Holiday Out. There’s a couple of good ideas in the works, so stay tuned,” Samandur continued. Samandur will be at the game, and is confident that the L-Boys “will defend the den.”

For those who are going to go to this Saturday’s game, the theme is a Green Out. As we get closer to the game, make sure you’re getting a ride, all your Laker gear, gather your spirit, and support the football team by showing up to Troy Athens! Lets go Lakers!