Eyes on Detroit: Interact Club of WB sponsor photo contest for local charity

Deepa Jha

The students at West Bloomfield High School are not only obviously very spirited when it comes to supporting their school, but also when it comes to supporting those in the community around us.  Some students from West Bloomfield High School are helping to organize a photography contest called “Eyes on Detroit” to help the Greater Detroit Agency for the Blind and Visually Impaired (GDABVI).

The contest requires participants to post pictures of their most favorite and creative Detroit themed photo on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #EyesOnDetroit2017. Once posted, the contest organizers will print out the photos and raffle them off to eager bidders at the Orchard Mall on December 16 from 5 to 9 p.m.

All of the proceeds will benefit the Greater Detroit Agency for the Blind and Visually Impaired. This contest shines a light on how we take for granted being able to see the beauty of Detroit. For those affected by blindness and visual impairment, that may not be the case.

Interact Club, the organizer of the contest, is not directly affiliated through West Bloomfield High School, but many students are part of the club. If you want to help others through volunteering, then this club is for you. They meet on Sundays twice a month at the Main Branch of the West Bloomfield Public Library.  

As of right now, around 10 people from WBHS have posted a photo on Twitter. Find your own picture to help donate to a beautiful cause!