Filed under News, Showcase

2013 West Bloomfield High School Marching Band Heads to State Finals

ee76fdb907d8fce0794f7bcf9f0bed57

WEST BLOOMFIELD HIGH SCHOOL

MARCHING BAND

HEADED TO MCBA STATE FINALS

THIS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2013

AT FORD FIELD

West Bloomfield High School Marching Band is headed to the MCBA State Finals at Ford Field this Saturday, November 2, 2013. The marching band, along with all the top bands from around the State, will be putting on the performances of their season. According to Band Booster parents, this is a day of outstanding, high-energy performances with phenomenal sound and choreography– the culmination of thousands of hours of dedication, hard-work and commitment from the talented musicians, the co-band directors, Mr. Chad Mielens and Mr. Karl Stein, and staff.

To qualify, the WBHS Marching Band had to finish in the top 12 of their “Flight”. Flights are determined by school size. West Bloomfield competes in Flight I, which is made up of the largest schools in Michigan.

Mielens, Co-Director, said, “We are very proud of our students for making State finals. This is the eighth year in a row that the West Bloomfield High School Marching Band has qualified for State finals. The students have worked very hard all season with the goal of performing November 2nd, 2013 at Ford Field. We are all looking forward to representing West Bloomfield High School and the West Bloomfield School District well this Saturday.”

The show, titled “Firebird” by Igor Stravinsky was arranged by Andrew Markworth. There are 76 students in the marching band.  Come on out to support your Lakers.  Good luck to West Bloomfield High School’s Marching Band!