Humans of Laker Nation: Brooke Webster

Brooke posing for a picture at senior night.

Jamar Respress

Q: What Sports do you do?

A: “I am a cheerleader at West Bloomfield high school. I’ve been on varsity cheer since freshman year beating out competition between seniors juniors and even sophomores year after year. I ended up becoming cheer captain my senior year and I led my team to a good fun entertaining season. I hoped they enjoyed the season as much as I enjoyed mine.”

Brooke Cheering at a game.

Q: What are things that people don’t know about you?

A: “I like going on walks, going to the gym to work out etc. I enjoy little things like when my boyfriend holds the door for me, takes me out to dinner, takes me places and more. I love to be alone meditating, taking time for myself to clear my mind of all the bad and evil going on in this world around me just calms me down and helps me to be a better person even when people don’t deserve my kindness.”

Q: What was your first day of 9th grade like?

A: “My first day of high school was a day to remember. I was so scared on my first day of high school. coming from a private school with only 100 students in the whole school was a big jump to go into a school with almost over 1,200 students. I remember I was so lost and every class I went to I had to ask a teacher or an upperclassman where my next class was. I remember my first friend group I had I met in my marketing class. They kept talking and I told them to shut up and from there we became friends. 

Brooke posing at dinner with friends.

Q: What would you say to people just starting out at WBHS?

A: “I would say to people who are just starting at West Bloomfield to stay focused. High school is definitely going to be a learning experience and this is where you’re going to find yourself and realize who you truly are. Don’t be lazy, take every opportunity that comes your way and run with it. You probably won’t be able to get that opportunity again, so I suggest that you take it. I think it’s important when administration staff tells you how important certain things are, you should listen to them because they know what they’re talking about because they have been doing this for years.”

Q: What makes you smile?

A: “ What makes me smile are small thoughtful things. I don’t like materialistic items that anybody could just buy. I like thoughtful things such as planning a day at the park or remembering something small I said that’s what makes me smile. I also like Christmas because I like the energy it gives off and how most everyone is happy and giving during this time and going out to eat with friends.”