One Final Bow for the Class of 2014

Theater Program Seniors say goodbye for the last time.

One+Final+Bow+for+the+Class+of+2014++

As always the West Bloomfield High School Theater Program produced a multitude of performances this year. The fall play was an extremely well done To Kill a Mocking Bird. They also produced a wonderful children’s show preforming it in front of all the elementary schools. This years children’s play was Aladin and Magic Lamp. MIFA preformed The Survivor, which won first place over all in the state festival. As if that was not enough the Theater Program held the 2014 Orchard Lake Student Film Festival. Students came from all parts of the Detroit Metropolitan area. It was judged by professionals in the film industry. The judges included an Academy Award nominated animator and cinematographer, Michael Moore’s Roger. The final performance the Theater Program put on was Bye Bye Birdie. The International Thespian Society (ITS) club also worked diligently throughout the year. They assisted in choosing the seasons’ productions and were a part of many school events including the homecoming parade. Mr. Greene, West Bloomfield Theater teacher, who directs the Theater program commented on this year’s seniors, ” I have thoroughly enjoyed working with this years class of graduating seniors. This is the largest group of students we have had in the Theater Program since I began eleven years ago.  They have left an undeniable mark on our program.” It is clear that the Theater Program would not have been the same without the large involvement of the 2014 graduating class.