West Bloomfield Heads to Ford Field for MCBA State Finals!

West Bloomfield High School Marching Band is headed to the MCBA State Finals at Ford Field

this Saturday, November 1, 2014!!! The 84 member marching band, along with all the top bands

from around the State, will be putting on THE performance of their season. This is a NOT-TO-

BE-MISSED day of outstanding, high-energy performances with phenomenal sound and

choreography. The WBHS Marching band performance is titled “Rise and Fall” and includes

music from Dies Irae (Mozart’s Requiem) and Lux Arumque (Eric Whitaker), arranged by

Andrew Markworth. This is THE culmination of thousands of hours of dedication, hard-work

and commitment from the talented musicians under the direction of Mr. Chad Mielens, Director

of the Bands, Mr. Pat McLaughlin, WBHS Director of Marching Band and Drumline, and Mr.

Mark Dedeckere, Caption Head WBHS Bands, Color and Winter Guard and their staff.

To qualify, the WBHS Marching Band had to finish in the top 12 of their “Flight”. Flights are

determined by school size. West Bloomfield competes in Flight I, which is made up of the

largest schools in Michigan.

Mr. Mielens, Director of the Bands said, “We are very proud of our students for making State

finals. This is the ninth year in a row that the West Bloomfield High School Marching Band has

qualified for State finals. The students have worked very hard all season with the goal of

performing November 1 at Ford Field. We are all looking forward to representing West

Bloomfield High School and the West Bloomfield School District well this Saturday.”

CONGRATULATIONS! We wish the band well! GO LAKERS!!!