Laker Sports Line

Week of December 22-December 27

Back to Article
Back to Article

Laker Sports Line

@wbgirlsbball

@wbgirlsbball

@wbgirlsbball

West Bloomfield High School (WBHS) students had a lot to cheer about while enjoying a nice long 16 day break. Girls Basketball was the only sport in town this week due to the winter break and the many holidays.
The Varsity and JV Girls Basketball teams put up a show against their opponents this past week. On Friday, December 26 the JV team took on Rochester High School in an away match. The Lakers battled their opponents with only six players from their usual twelve. Despite the shortage of players, WBHS fought hard and maintained their stamina to finish the game with a 28-21 victory. The next day, Saturday, December 27, the Varsity Girls team sprung into action against Yale High School. Like the JV team, the Varsity team battled hard and left with the victory. The final score 40-29. The Girls Basketball teams look to continue their winning streaks as JV and Varsity play in OAA Crossover matches on Thursday, January 8 against Farmington’s Harrison High School (HHS) at HHS. JV will tip off at 5:30 P.M. and Varsity at 7:00 P.M.

Congratulations to both Basketball teams for playing hard and making WBHS proud. Next week is will be another quiet week in sports as Thursday, January 1 is New Years Day. Happy New Years and go Lakers!
Special Mention: Next week on Saturday, January 3 come out and support the WBHS Varsity Wrestling team in a Varsity Invitational match. The event begins at 8:30 A.M. and is hosted by the Lakers in the WBHS gym. The schools competing include Bloomfield Hills High School, Ferndale High School, Fraser High School, Groves High School, Lamphere High School, North Farmington High School, Royal Oak High School, St. Mary Preparatory High School, U Of D Jesuit High School, Walled Lake Northern High School, Waterford Kettering High School, and Waterford Mott High School.