Filed under Senior Issue 2015

Balling… Out

Final Shots of the Varsity Basketball Lakers of 2015

Back to Article
Back to Article

Balling… Out

West Bloomfield High School’s (WBHS) Varsity Basketball season has come to an end. After their multiple wins and continuous successes, the boys headed into the playoffs. As our boys played the first game in Districts against Walled Lake Central, unfortunately we came home with a loss, putting an end to the Basketball season. Teacher and coach Jeremy Denha says  “This group of seniors is one of the most special group of student athletes I have been around. They all have tremendous work ethic both on and off the floor. The expectation I have for all of them is that they will be a huge success in life.”

With the season over, this now brings an end to the high school career of all of our 2015 senior players. The seniors of WBHS Varsity Basketball team are; Michael King, Aaron Bates, Nick Dulmage, Zach Allread- Northwood University, Robbie Jones, Charlie Tobin, and also Shelby Wolok.

In talking to these players, the reality of graduation and their final year as a WBHS player is evident. Bates, shooting guard, said ,“It has been good, kind of sad, but good, and I was able to help out some of our younger players.”  In regard to playing on a collegiate level, he stated, “Yes but I’m not sure what I want to do.” King, point guard, says that “Senior year has been a fun experience, but I’m ready for the next level and chapter of my life.”

This team would not be the same without Team Manager Wolok. When asked about his experience with the team and his last year, he said, “I take my senior year on the basketball team as a privilege. I want to thank Mr. Denha honestly for the few years he has allowed me to be on the team. I like being a part of a team that is dependent on each other and I really enjoy helping out, it was great to be around and they all had such great teamwork. I might not have been a player but anything they wanted me to do. I took stats and kept with all they did. It was really amazing. What I really want to do is business; I have I have always loved basketball and being around it so I don’t completely want to let it go but I think I will want to move on.”

Lastly, we asked Denha for his advice to his former players on college life, he says, “My advice for them is to keep working hard and do what they love.” We are very proud of you, Lakers, and wish you nothing but the best on your next court in life. Congratulations!