Oh, The Music Never Ends

For orchestra seniors, it goes on and on and on

West Bloomfield High School (WBHS) is home of an award winning orchestra program. WBHS’ orchestra program consists of two orchestras, symphony and concert. This program consists of students who attend WBHS and is currently run by teacher Linda Trotter who has been teaching for 17 years.

Trotter says, “It’s very hard, because unlike most teachers in this building, many of the students I’ve taught in middle school started them off, sixth grade, and here seven years later they’re going away  to college. They’ve been apart of my life for seven years,, so thats kind of a hard thing to deal with but this is a new chapter in their life, they have to go on.” Trotter tells seniors, “Always make the music, stay happy, be the best of whatever you’re going to do, be the best at it.  And when you make your million dollars — send me my thousand dollars — nothing else, just want to know you made your million. By giving me that thousand!”

Among many achievements, this year the WBHS Symphony Orchestra has received a 1st division rating at the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association (MSBOA) Orchestra Festival. Out of the biggest achievements of them all, WBHS’ orchestra seniors Anthony Chen & Mark Gladstyen have been selected to perform at the Michigan Youth Arts Festival (MYAF) Orchestra. This festival portrays the opportunity for individual students and schools to perform for adjudication.

Below are a list of the seniors who have made outstanding achievements within the orchestra program throughout their senior year: Anthony Chen – MSBOA Scholar Instrumentalist and Concertmaster, Sabrina Brogniart – Co-asst. Concertmaster, Erica Slayton – Principal Viola, MiKayla thyner – Asst. Principal Viola, Raina Pintamo – Principal Cello, MSBOA Solo and Ensemble District results. The First Division (Highest Rating) students are: Anthony Chen, Sabrina Brognairt, Mark Gladstyhen, Lillian Richards, Chelsea Smith, Erica Slayton, MiKayka Tyner, and Raina Pintano. The Second Division students are: LaKayah Tyner and Morgan Williamson. The MSBOA State Solo and Ensemble First Division students are: Anthony Chen, Sabrina Brognairt, Mark Gladstyhen, Erica Slayton, MiKayka Tyner, Raina Pintano. Lastly, the memebers who were selected to perform at the Michigan Youth Arts Festival (MYAF) Orchestra are Anthony Chen and Mark Gladstyen.

Congratulations Laker Musicians!