They’re Going, Going…Gone!

Varsity baseball says goodbye to seniors

Seniors and Coach Pierce at Comerica Park

Eric Pierce

The West Bloomfield High School (WBHS) varsity boys baseball brought a variety of high school students, media sources, scouts and family members out to their ball games every single week, whether they were playing at home or away. They showed dedication, determination and skill at every single one of their games. They traveled, with their fans and spectators, to Comerica Park to play a game against Bloomfield Hills in the “Battle of the Bloomfields” on Monday, April 27th, 2015. The team has had an amazing season with the overall record for wins, losses and ties at 18-9-0 (as of 5/19/15). The varsity baseball team says goodbye to seniors Zach Allread, Deshawn Cole, Robbie Jones, Clayton Kowalewski, Aaron Moskovitz and Chandler Sedat.

Although this is their last year playing for a high school baseball team, their memories will live on with them and with the school for a lifetime. “The thing I will miss most about high school baseball is the memories and people. It’s cool going to the same school as a group of guys and being able to talk about similar things and people and really bond together as a group. It’s unique and indescribable. Memories from this season include winning the league with a great group of guys, and Cameron Maybodi hitting a walkoff hit,” shared Jones, who will  be playing at Michigan State University in the Fall and hopes to get drafted to a professional baseball team.

“It was an amazing experience to play baseball for West Bloomfield. Thank you to all the coaches and teammates that have given me some great memories that I will never forget,” shared Moskovitz.

Eric Pierce, Assistant Principal, Athletic Director and baseball coach at WBHS, shares his last words to his varsity baseball players, “Seniors, thank you so much for all you have done for the program.  You have continued a legacy of success for Laker baseball and re-established West Bloomfield baseball as one of the top programs in the state.  Through your hard work you have inspired many people.  I appreciate your dedication to the program and will miss each of you.  I am sad to see you leave but know that you will see continued success both on and off the field as you travel down a new path in your lives.  I will forever remember the years you were here and hope that some of the lessons you learned through our baseball program will help you succeed in your lives.  Always remember to ‘turn the page.’ Life is about how you react when things don’t go your way.  Look to the poem “IF” for guidance in how you should handle yourself and feel free to call on me if you need anything.  Best of luck to you all.  And thanks for four amazing years!”

Good luck, Lakers!  Keep earning home runs!